Okay, I am officially the WORST BLOGGER EVER! I am so sorry to those of you who actually look here for updates on our family. Let me ATTEMPT to catch you up... quickly.
Bedrest:
I was put on bedrest for the last 6 weeks (or so) of my pregnancy. Nothing serious happened, but I was considered what they call "oligohydramnios," which basically means that I had low amniotic fluid. It was an absolute blessing that I was ever even diagnosed! The Lord certainly had His hand on the situation! I went to my doctor for a routine checkup, and told her how much trouble I was having getting a good 4D image of the baby at the (non-medical) ultrasound place. She said she would try to squeeze me in with the sonographer on staff at her office to see if she could get me a good picture. She was able to get us in, and when we got there, she noticed that my fluid looked a little low, so she noted it on my chart and told me to drink LOTS of fluids. While at work the next day, the PA at my doctor's office called me and told me I needed to be put on bedrest because of the possible complications that the low fluid could cause for the baby. I was scared to death! Jed and I immediately started getting the ball rolling to get everything in place for me to be out for the remainder of the school year. That was my last day at Smiths Station High School. I taught a couple of classes by Skype (that was pretty cool - the kids loved it!), and helped my substitute understand how to teach my Fashion Merchandising class without me there. Carolyn, a coworker and friend of mine, was kind enough to help her out with the Business Tech classes (she just had them do the same work her classes were doing). I don't know how I would have handled it without her! Love you, Carolyn!!! :)
Since I had the low fluid and was put on bedrest, the doctor wanted me in the office 2-3 times a week for Non-Stress Tests and one ultrasound each week. During this time, Waverly always responded really well, but my fluid level continued to stay below the recommended level. We also became concerned because she was breech, and hadn't turned yet by the "normal" time. The doctor said that, because of the fluid level, she didn't have much room to turn, and therefore, probably wouldn't. As my due date drew closer, we decided that a scheduled C-Section would be the safest option for both Waverly and me. So, we set her birthday: Thursday, June 9, 2011.


No comments:
Post a Comment
If you are a regular reader, comment so I'll know who's looking! I would love to hear from you!