Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 19, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-CHANGES!!

This post has been a long time coming, so here goes... I apologize to those of you who already know all of this, I'm afraid it'll be old news to you!!

We have experienced a LOT of changes lately!

  1. We had a "complicated" pregnancy (not really...)
  2. We had a baby
  3. We went to the beach when she was 2 weeks old. Jed heard about a job opening in Tuscaloosa.
  4. We went BACK to the beach when she was about a month old. On the way back from the beach, we stopped and stayed in Carrollton. Reason: Jed scheduled an interview at Tuscaloosa County High School for the Director of Bands position. The following is what happened after that:
  • Friday, July 8: Jed interviews in the morning, I go to visit with Rebekah, Brad, Andrew, Isaac, Savannah, and Libby while he's there. I get a phone call that afternoon - they've offered him the job and he's going to talk with them about the details and accept. The principal will present her choice to the board for approval at the meeting Monday night. She assures us he'll be approved and all will be well. She gives him a set of keys to the band room.
  • Saturday, July 9: "We're moving?? With a newborn?? We don't have a house?? We don't have our house on the market?? Oh my goodness..." Shock has set in... this can't be real.
  • Sunday, July 10: We drive around to look at all available houses for sale in the area (within our price range) and schedule to see a few on Monday
  • Monday, July 11: Look at houses, drive back to Phenix City. Principal calls and tells us Jed has been approved by the board and is officially hired. Oh goodness, it's real....
  • Thursday, July 14th: We meet with Jed's Aunt Betty to put our house on the market.
Okay, after that, the days blur together. The house is listed the day we "move out". Keep in mind, we haven't really "moved" anything except things we'll need for an 'extended vacation'. We packed all of it into my vehicle, said a temporary goodbye to our house, and headed west. We went ahead and packed all of Jed's office into a U-haul that he pulled behind his truck.We have plans to stay with my Mom and Lee until we find a house and can really move. We are here for about a week, then we have to go back to Phenix City because I have my final postpartum appointment at the doctor. We stay with Jed's parents for two nights, and get VERY little done at our house. We brought a few things back with us, but nothing major. Jed has two weeks of band camp starting very soon after we get back, and has TONS to do. 

My mom had a "Sip and See" for Waverly on Saturday, August 6th. It was wonderful! It was so nice to be able to see and visit with lots of folks I haven't seen in awhile (several Jed had never even met)! Waverly was SO good!

School officially started on August 10th for Jed, so that was my first "reality check" about this whole staying at home thing... It was kind of weird not to be going back to start a new year at school. However, I think it was less weird for me, being here, than it would have been seeing all of the Smiths Station folks go back without me! I feel SO blessed to have the opportunity to stay at home (when we finally have one) with our daughter. I know that things might not always be easy, but I really think it will be worth any sacrifices we may have to make!!

Okay, I think I'm done... WHEW! Can I take a nap now?? Maybe I'll be more diligent about my blogging now that I have "more time (yeah right)" at home. No promises... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a regular reader, comment so I'll know who's looking! I would love to hear from you!