I apologize to those of you who come here to check up on us, but I have been SO busy the past month or so, that I really just have not had the time to post anything new here. I'm going to create several posts about multiple topics to keep this one from being so long! I'll start with this weekend...
I finally had the opportunity to really see Forrest play in a football game this weekend!!! I've seen him stand on the sidelines (only once), but I've never been able to see him "in action!" It was so much fun getting to be at a PA game again. I had someone cover our game for me so that I would be able to go, and after being at 6A public school games for several years, it was a bit of a shock for me to see how small the stadium, the crowd, and the players were! They looked like babies compared to some of the boys on Smiths Station's team, so I was kind of scared they were going to get hurt, but I guess when the other team is "little" too, it's pretty fair. Not only did I enjoy seeing Forrest and the other boys play, I also enjoyed getting to see lots of people from home that I don't get to see on a regular basis. I didn't get to take any pictures, but I had a ton of fun!
Mom and Lee stayed with us the whole weekend, which was a lot of fun too! Mimi, Tom, CeCe, Joe, and Forrest all stayed at Callaway Gardens for the weekend, so they came and watched football at our house on Saturday night. We went and had brunch with them on Sunday morning before they left, in honor of Mimi's birthday! Happy Birthday, Mimi! I made her a strawberry cake, but it was my first try and it turned out a little sad... :( It tasted okay, it just looked "homemade," as Mimi said.
Mom and I made TONS of "tailgate" food on Saturday morning. We even wore aprons, just for fun... :) Please notice that Mom's apron matches the cake and mine matches my Aubie shirt!
I had a really good time seeing everybody and watching the first football games of the season! War Eagle!!!! Oh, and Jed says, "Roll Tide!" (That was really hard for me to type...)
Love you all! More to come!


Yay! Posts! Love you Busy Beaver!
ReplyDeleteLove you too, Bek! So... when are you going to start a blog for Andrew????
ReplyDelete