Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sorry...

Okay, okay... I'm finally getting around to writing another post! I skipped the last couple of days of our trip because I never even had time to type them up, much less post them! We had an absolutely WONDERFUL time, but it has taken me a couple of weeks to remember what "real life" is about! I'm still working on getting pictures together to post, but I promise I'll get them up soon! There were 4300 or so of them, so it's taking me a while to go through and "cull" the duplicates and decide which ones are worth posting!

Let's see... what have I been doing? We got back on Friday (June 18) just in time to unpack, go visit Jed's parents for Father's Day, and for Jed to leave again on Monday. He had to go to Orange Beach (darn, his luck) for a band director conference. I didn't want to leave just yet, so I met him in Gulf Shores on Thursday. Mom and Lee also met us down there on Thursday! We had a good time, but it was hot, and the oil/tar situation was kind of gross. We dealt with it the best we could (with the help of an umbrella and an outlet mall). :)

We got back and we were finally able to start doing some things around the house! We've done all sorts of home improvements/repairs this week. I've been doing a little gardening as well... (who knew?) I'm new at this, so everything isn't exactly thriving, but I haven't managed to kill it all yet, so I guess that's a plus! I'm learning (slowly), so I'll do better in the future, hopefully!

We are actually AT HOME for the 4th of July... for the first time in ages! We just couldn't travel anymore! This is the first weekend that we have both been at home and stayed here in months... literally. We're keeping Opal (Jed's parents' dog) while they're at the beach for a long weekend, and we're also watching our neighbors' house and taking care of their dog and cat. It's our turn to take care of the animals who belong to the people who have taken care of ours for the past 2 months! :)

Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures soon. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a regular reader, comment so I'll know who's looking! I would love to hear from you!