| Baby Smart says, "War Eagle!" |
On Monday, school was cancelled due to snow and ice. I was very excited. I began watching the BCS National Championship game, then find out that school for Tuesday is cancelled, making my celebration (by myself, mind you...) of the Auburn victory even longer, since I don't have to get up to go to school the next day. :) I even had a mini Toomer's rolling!
| My "masterpiece" |
Tuesday was a cold, yucky day, but the roads were fine, so I went to help a friend look at wedding dresses that afternoon. I had to clean up my mini Toomer's before I left... :(
We started back to school on Wednesday for the second week. What are we going to do when we actually have to have 5 full days of school in a row??? School has been fairly easy for me this semester. I have smaller classes and seem to have really good kids... only time will tell, though! We have been postponing and rescheduling dance practice because of the crazy weather, but we did manage to get a few practices in before this weekend.
On Saturday, I went to Samford in Birmingham to watch 4 SSHS Pantherettes compete in the Solo Division at competition. The Junior High team performed there as well, so I, of course, stayed to watch them. All of the girls performed well, and our captain took home the "State Soloist" title. I was proud of everyone! I had the privilege of NOT having to drive to and from Birmingham on Saturday. I drove up on Friday and stayed with Mimi and Tom, got up and went to competition, then came back and stayed again! It was SO much better than having to drive back and forth on Saturday. I got to see Cindy, Joe, and Forrest (Aunt, Uncle, Cousin) while I was there, so that was a bonus!
Today is MLK day, and we're out of school AGAIN! I had my girls meet at the school this morning for practice (don't hate me, it was THEIR idea...), which proved to be VERY beneficial. They work SO much harder when they aren't already tired from being at school all day. I wish I could have kept them all day, but decided that 2 hours would suffice. The band performed in the Inaugural parade in Montgomery today, so Jed had to leave before daybreak to head that up.
Since I've been home at practice, and Jed isn't here, I've been trying to clean out and rearrange closets in our house so that the baby can actually have clothes! I really need less stuff and more storage! This is proving to be very difficult. Would anyone like to volunteer to reorganize my house for me? Anyone???
Well, back to work I go... wish me luck!


No comments:
Post a Comment
If you are a regular reader, comment so I'll know who's looking! I would love to hear from you!